General Education Assessment
Assessment of General Education at Trinity Christian College includes assessment of student learning outcomes evident in the general education curriculum. These general education requirements are rooted in the college mission and the following outcomes are designed to assess how well our students "are grounded in a core of foundational studies that address the enduring issues and questions of human experience and teach students to explore and apply the implications of a Reformed world-and-life view to all areas of learning, living, and working" (Trinity Christian College Mission Statement). The general education learning outcomes are:
- Articulate and apply the Biblical framework of creation-fall-redemption-new creation.
- Discern and evaluate historical and contemporary worldviews.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral formats.
- Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures and apply that knowledge to cross-cultural engagement.
- Reason skillfully and analyze the validity of arguments critically.
- Integrate theory and practice in one's discipline and life.
Throughout the year these outcomes are assessed through student and alumni self-assessments, faculty assessment of students, the Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA), and student outcome essays.