Student Learning Outcomes
- Each student will be able to apply concepts related to the functional areas of business and integrate business processes across functional areas.
- Students will analyze and interpret the functional areas of business.
- Students will formulate responses to business situations involving knowledge across functional areas.
- Each student will develop a Christian perspective on business practices.
- Students will be able to explain how Christianity informs business structures and practices.
- Students will evaluate the implications of Christianity for their personal behavior in the business world.
- Students will apply a Christian worldview to interpret the ethical and societal ramifications of business activities.
- Each student will be able to apply analytical techniques in solving business problems.
- Students will formulate and defend responses to business problems using appropriate quantitative and analytical techniques.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in using appropriate software to solve business problems.
- Each student will develop skills in analyzing and communicating business information.
- Students will demonstrate research skills.
- Students will deliver effective oral and written presentations on business topics.
- Each student will consider and interpret the cultural diversity and the global cultural implications on business decisions and strategies.
- Students will formulate responses to business situations involving cultural diversity.
- Students will formulate responses to business situations involving organizations operating internationally.
The following learning outcomes apply only to students majoring in business education:
- Secondary business education students will become sufficiently proficient in disciplinary knowledge to pass the state certification test in business.
- Secondary business education students will be competent to develop appropriate pedagogical methods for the classroom.