Student Learning Outcomes
- Chemistry graduates will demonstrate a basic working knowledge of the general principles of chemistry including: organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and biochemistry.
- Chemistry graduates will perform analyses and calculations including classical techniques and instrumental methods.
- Chemistry graduates will perform safe laboratory manipulations including the use of common equipment, synthesizing and characterizing compounds, and performing good laboratory techniques.
- Students will organize and maintain neat and complete experimental records, communicate effectively through oral and written reports, and retrieve chemical information from the literature.
- Students will evaluate scientific theories critically, determine how they relate these to ethical and religious (Reformed) perspectives, and see how a Reformed scientist practices science from a redemptive perspective.