Serve with excellence in education.
As a pre-service teacher, you will be prepared to cultivate relational peace, educational equity, and justice for all children and to impact the mind, body, and soul of each student through excellence in teaching.
Trinity offers teacher education programs leading to the following teaching certificates in the state of Illinois:
- Elementary (1-6 licensure)
- Middle Grades (5-8 licensure)
- Secondary (9-12 licensure) in biology education, business education, chemistry education, English education, history education, and mathematics education
- Special programs (K-12 licensure) in art education, music education, physical education, and Spanish education
- Special education (K-12 licensure) Learning Behavior Specialist I
Prior to student-teaching, you will participate in field experiences in a variety of settings and grade levels that will prepare you for the realities of the teaching profession.
Professor Joy Meyer on teaching teachers
“My main goals are to inspire all students to use best practices in their teaching and to encourage them to use their gifts and talents to bring out the best in their own students.”