Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will understand that language use is a uniquely human facility with great potential for good as well as for harm, and one that God calls his people to use for his glory.
- Students will learn what it means to integrate reading and writing into their lives as responsible Christian citizens.
Analysis and Interpretation
- Students will identify major works and concerns of British and American literature and become attentive to diverse voices within and beyond these literatures.
- Students will work individually and collaboratively to interpret a text’s elements, contexts, and perspectives with intelligence and care.
- Students will communicate effectively for different purposes and to different audiences.
- Students will work individually and collaboratively to organize, compose, revise, and present their work.
- English education students will master the principles and skills of pedagogy in order to bring learning outcomes 1-6 to bear upon their teaching in the middle school or high school classroom.