Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will demonstrate analytical thinking processes by studying various mathematical subjects.
- The student will demonstrate recognition of and appreciation for the orderliness and beauty of the creation as reflected in mathematics.
- The student will be able to read, understand, and evaluate mathematical literature.
- The student will be proficient in using current technological tools for mathematics. These tools include the C++ programming language, the Maple software package, and graphing calculators.
- The students will apply mathematics via modeling and problem solving.
- The student will be able to communicate understanding of mathematical concepts, in both oral and written contexts.
The following learning outcomes apply only for students completing the Mathematics Education Major:
- The student will develop confidence and competence in teaching mathematics to students at the elementary or secondary level.
- The student will demonstrate mastery of mathematical concepts taught in the elementary and secondary school.