Admissions to Nursing
Admission to the College and admission to the nursing major are separate processes. Before enrolling in junior-level courses in the nursing program, students must be accepted formally into the clinical component of the major. The application process takes place in the sophomore year, and all criteria for admission must be met or be in progress, before registering for the junior year clinical nursing courses. Students applying to the nursing program that have been previously enrolled in nursing courses or a formal nursing education program will need to fill out additional application information and supply the Department of Nursing with a letter of recommendation from the program Dean/Chairperson stating the student was a student in good standing. All requirements must be completed by the summer before beginning the junior year nursing course work.
*Theology 121: Introduction to the Bible (at TCC)
Theology 122: Church & Christian Traditions (at TCC or waiver)
Freshman Interim: Winter Semester (2 weeks)
History 103: America & Western Civilization
History 104: Europe & Western Civilization
| Sophomore Interim: Winter Semester (2 weeks)|
*Offered both semesters
CLINICAL NURSING PROGRAM ADMISSION CRITERIA NOTES
General Education Details:
- Cumulative GPA in the above general education courses must be 2.5(B-/C+).
- Gen Ed courses that are bolded above must be completed prior to admission with a grade of C- or better.
- Three of the other gen. ed. courses can be completed after acceptance into the program but prior to graduation.
- Only two gen. ed. courses may be repeated to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. An individual course may be repeated only once. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
Science Details (Shaded Courses above):
- Science courses must be completed prior to admission with a grade of C- or better.
- All science courses must be completed within 7 years of the semester of application.
- Cumulative GPA of science courses must be 2.7(B-) or better.
- Two of the 5 science courses must be completed at Trinity.
- Only one science course may be repeated to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. An individual course may be repeated only once. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
N205 Concepts / N221 Nutrition / N308 Health Assessment and Promotion Details:
- Cumulative GPA in the above nursing courses must be 2.5(B-/C+) or better.
- The above nursing courses must be completed prior to admission into the program with a grade of C or better.
- N205: Concepts and N308 Health Assess. & Promotion are only offered at Trinity.
- Must be taken at Trinity Christian College prior to acceptance into the clinical portion of the nursing program
- Offered during the Spring and Summer semesters
N315 Adult Health Nursing II
N408 Adult Health Nursing III
N407 Mental Health Nursing
Note: Nursing courses may be repeated only once to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
Total hours required for graduation: 125