Admissions to Nursing
Admission to the College and progression into the clinical portion of the nursing program are separate processes. Before enrolling in junior-level courses in the nursing program, students must be accepted formally into the clinical component of the major. All criteria for progression must be met before starting the junior year clinical nursing courses.
All transfer students will need a minimum of 3 years at Trinity Christian College to complete required coursework. Transfer students that have been previously enrolled in nursing courses or a formal nursing program will need to fill out a Reference Request Form and appeal to the Department of Nursing.
*Theology 121: Introduction to the Bible (at TCC)
Theology 122: Church & Christian Traditions (at TCC or waiver)
History 103: America & Western Civilization
History 104: Europe & Western Civilization
*Offered both semesters
CLINICAL NURSING PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Foundational Course Details:
- Cumulative GPA in the above foundational courses must be 2.5(B-/C+).
- Foundational courses that are bolded above must be completed prior to admission with a grade of C- or better.
- Three of the other foundational courses can be completed after acceptance into the program but prior to graduation.
- Only two foundational courses may be repeated to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. An individual course may be repeated only once. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
Science Details (Shaded Courses above):
- Science courses must be completed prior to admission with a grade of C- or better.
- All science courses must be completed within 7 years of the semester of application.
- Cumulative GPA of science courses must be 2.7(B-) or better.
- Two of the 5 science courses must be completed at Trinity.
- Only one science course may be repeated to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. An individual course may be repeated only once. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
N205 Concepts of Health Care & Nursing / N221 Nutrition / N308 Health Assessment and Promotion Details:
- Cumulative GPA in the above nursing courses must be 2.5(B-/C+) or better.
- The above nursing courses must be completed prior to admission into the program with a grade of C or better.
- N205 Concepts of Health Care & Nursing and N308 Health Assess. & Promotion must be taken at Trinity.
- Must be taken at Trinity Christian College prior to progression into the clinical portion of the nursing program
- Offered during the Spring semester
Criminal Background Check
- If a background check is not clear, clinical placement and progression in the program cannot be guaranteed.
N315 Adult Health Nursing II
N408 Adult Health Nursing III
N407 Mental Health Nursing
Note: Nursing courses may be repeated only once to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
Total hours required for graduation: 120