Students, before you register for Spring 2017, you need to set-up an academic advising appointment with your faculty advisor.
Academic advising begins Monday, October 17, 2016
and goes until Friday, October 28, 2016
- Sign-up for a meeting time with your faculty advisor. Your advisor’s name is found in the student portal.
- Prepare in advance for the meeting.
- Write down any questions you have for your advisor and bring it to your appointment!
- Consult the college catalog for program requirements (general education, major and minor).
- Contact your advisor to see if the department has a Suggested 4-year plan of study for the major.
- Work out a tentative course schedule.
- Check the class schedule online for days and times of classes
- Pick classes for general education, major and minor.
- Select a few back-up courses in case a course you want is closed.
- Arrive on time to your advising appointment. This is a professional courtesy.
- Review the advising checklist (found under advising resources).