Campus Safety and Security: Director
Position: Director of Campus Safety and Securit
Trinity Christian College is seeking a Full-Time Director of Campus Safety and Security. The director directs the comprehensive safety and security efforts throughout the Trinity Christian College campus community. The Director supervises part time and full time security staff involved in establishing, promoting, and maintaining safety and security. The director also leads and is involved in a wide range of activities related to operational procedures and policies, collaboration with local authorities, emergency preparedness, and campus crime reporting. The Director of Campus Safety and Security:
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Confers with representatives of management to formulate policies, determine need for programs, and coordinate programs with campus activities.
- Confers with representatives of local government, law enforcement and fire and medical service agencies for cooperation and coordination.
- Directs and schedules activities of employees and student workers involved in performing campus safety and security services.
- Plans and implements emergency preparedness activities and train managers, staff and students in campus safety practices and fire prevention.
- Inspects campus facilities to detect existing or potential safety, accident or health hazards, determines corrective and preventative measures where indicated and recommends changes.
- Analyzes security and safety needs, estimates costs and presents proposals to Administrative Council.
- Leads the investigation of accidents, crimes and other safety concerns and prepares detailed reports.
- Prepares and arranges information, signs, exhibits and materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards.
- Inspects premises and observes workers and students in performance of duties to evaluate efficiency and to detect and correct inefficiencies.
- Works with departments within the college to promote safety and security services.
- Analyzes, compiles and recommends installation of electronic security systems, camera systems and other remedies to safety and security issues.
- Investigates crimes and safety breaches on campus, collaborating with residence life and dean of students and reporting information to authorities as necessary.
- Oversees campus parking lots to maintain them in a safe and secure fashion, including overseeing and issuing tickets to those that violate parking lot rules and regulations.
- Identifies, recommends and implements procedures for disaster and emergency preparedness.
- Chairs the safety committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience and/or training preferred. Prior police experience strongly preferred. Additional qualifications include a sincere allegiance to the mission of the College and a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ.
Expected start date of January 6, 2014.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, Staff Application, and expression of faith statement to:
Human Resources Department
Trinity Christian College
6601 West College Drive
Palos Heights, IL 60463
Trinity Christian College is a four-year liberal arts college located in Palos Heights, Illinois, a suburb twenty miles southwest of Chicago. Since its founding in 1959, Trinity has provided its students with an excellent Christian higher education in the Reformed tradition. The college enrollment in the traditional program is about 1,000, of whom two-thirds live on campus. We offer majors in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences, as well as professional programs in accounting and business administration, nursing, education, computer science, pre-medicine, and pre-law. Trinity also offers adult degree completion programs in business and education. Trinity Christian College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
Trinity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates.