Veterans Education Benefits Information
The Financial Aid Office at Trinity processes veteran education benefits. To determine your best benefits, visit the GI Bill website or contact your Veterans Affairs representative.
The Yellow Ribbon Program
As a participant in the matching Yellow Ribbon program, we are pleased to allow eligible students the opportunity to attend Trinity Christian College tuition-free when coupled with benefits from the Post 9/11 GI Bill!
The example below shows how eligibility is determined for students attending full-time (12-18 credit hours per semester) during an academic year. The tuition and fees are paid directly to Trinity Christian College.
*Tuition and Fees for 2016-2017
Estimated Post 9/11 GI Bill funding
Estimated VA Yellow Ribbon funding
Estimated Trinity Yellow Ribbon funding
*Total cost of tuition and fees for full-time enrolled student for 2016-2017 academic year.
In addition, the Veterans Administration will provide a monthly allowance for housing and up to $1,000 per academic year for books. The housing allowance is based on E-5 with dependents and is also based on rate of pursuit.
Am I Eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
The VA will issue Certificates of Eligibility for qualified applicants. Veterans, service members, reservists and National Guard members with active duty since September 10, 2001, may be eligible for these benefits. You may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service.
How do I participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
- Complete and submit the Veteran Online Application (VONAPP) available online at the Department of Veteran Affairs. Completing the application will determine eligibility to receive the benefits of the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- The VA will advise you if your service meets the requirements for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the Financial Aid Office and ask to certify your benefits with the VA.
Changes to the Post 9/11 GI Bill
Important changes to the Post-9/11 GI Bill have been made. Read more online at the Veteran's Affairs website.
Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG)
The IVG Grant (Illinois Veterans Grant) is not available for students to use at Trinity Christian College. This grant can only be used at public Illinois institutions.
File the FAFSA
Veterans may be eligible for other financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).