The purpose of this award is to recognize Christian scholars who have demonstrated consistently high academic aptitude and achievement and who will perpetuate the mission of Trinity Christian College in thought, word, and deed.
To fulfill this purpose, two (annually renewable) full-tuition scholarships are available to assist deserving students
toward achieving success in their academic, spiritual, and personal development.
• Has applied and been accepted as a first-time freshman at Trinity Christian College;
• Has a minimum high school grade point average of 3.8 on a 4.0 scale or ranked in the top five percent of
high school graduating class;
• Has a minimum composite score of 30 on ACT, or 1320 on SAT 1;
• Demonstrates leadership in church, school, or community-related activities;
• Displays evidence in his or her life of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Complete Trinity Christian College Scholarship Application form.
- Submit an essay, totaling approximately 800-1000 words, based on the following question:
Describe someone you know personally who is a role model for you as an intellectual/cultural leader, and explain why. How does this person’s example shape what you do as a leader in your community?
- Submit letters of recommendation from two teachers (from two different core subjects) and one from your youth pastor, elder, or youth leader.
Recipients will be eligible for an award up to the amount of annual tuition for a maximum of four years or completion of the bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, bachelor of science in nursing, or bachelor of social work degree, whichever comes first. The total scholarship award is not to exceed the direct costs of tuition.
The scholarship is fully renewable for recipients maintaining a minimum of 26 semester credit hours with a 3.75 cumulative GPA at the end of each academic year.
Any recipient who does not meet the minimum renewal standards will be required to meet with the scholarship review committee.
Recipients may be called upon to represent the College at various functions, and may be required to participate in online student journals.
Applications and all support materials must be received by January 8. Mail all items to:
Financial Aid Office
Founders’ Scholarship Committee
Trinity Christian College
6601 West College Drive
Palos Heights, Illinois 60463
Scholarship finalists will be invited to campus February 12-14, for personal interviews and other
activities, including a presidential dinner on Friday evening. All finalists must be available to come to the
campus on these dates.
Candidates will be notified on or before January 15 if they are finalists. Committee decisions on scholarship
recipients will be announced no later than February 28.