Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a major in Communication Arts program will be able
- To articulate an account of human communication informed by communication scholarship and Christian theology
- To build a theoretical and historical knowledge base regarding communication that intersects the interpersonal, group, public, and mass contexts.
- To strengthen critical and innovative communication practice in speaking, writing, and critical thinking.
- To transition from the undergraduate environment to professional or graduate arenas.
Graduates with a major in Business Communication will also be able
- 5. To integrate communication skills and knowledge with business practices.
Throughout the year assessment data is gathered through senior and alumni surveys, a portfolio, the ETS major field test, a capstone project, a comprehensive exam, and course embedded assessment to determine how well the program is meeting its student learning outcomes. For additional information please contact department chairperson Dr. Craig Mattson at Craig.Mattson@trnty.edu.