Social Work: Administrative Coordinator
Part-Time, year-round, 20 hours per week
To provide coordination and administrative support to multiple projects relevant to the mission, goals, and objectives of the department of social work. This person will work closely with students and faculty in the department and throughout the college and with social work professionals in the field.
A bachelor’s degree with experience in office/academic office setting.
This individual must have a commitment to serving students and the broader community. This individual must be a flexible and supportive team player, have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel), as well as a willingness, if no prior experience, to work with other programs such as InDesign, Constant Contact, and Eventbrite. This individual must be able to provide strong attention to detail, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Experience in providing supervision is preferred.
The functional responsibilities of this administrative assistant position include but are not limited to the following three categories:
In the area of program development the functions and responsibilities required for this position are:
- Assists with organizing student activities including but not limited to: SWSO activities, Advocacy Day, Senior Celebration
- Coordinates student professional development events for all majors
- Coordinates communication to advisory group members and assists in the planning of each meeting
- Coordinates data collection instruments; oversees data input and creates tables
- Gathers and organizes accreditation information
In the area of community outreach the functions and responsibilities required for this position are:
- Plans and coordinates four CEU workshops each year offered to the community
In the area of administrative participation the functions and responsibilities required for this position are:
- Provide administrative support to the department chair and the field director
- Hires, in coordination with the department chair, and supervises student workers who assist with program development tasks
- Participates in department meetings and annual social work retreat
- Coordinates program admissions process, monitors student progress and admission status, and organization of electronic student files
- Coordinates publication of program highlights and annual review of department activities
- Oversees department mailings and updating department contact information and files (e.g. field instructors, advisory group members, alumni)
- Serves as library liaison responsible for book orders and library development plan
- Maintains calendar of administrative activities and student department events calendar
- Facilitates program social media – Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the College. Two or more years previous experience is preferred; however, a Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university is required.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, Staff Application, and expression of faith statement to:
Human Resources Department
Trinity Christian College
6601 West College Drive
Palos Heights, IL 60463
Trinity Christian College is a four-year liberal arts college located in Palos Heights, Illinois, a suburb twenty miles southwest of Chicago. Since its founding in 1959, Trinity has provided its students with an excellent Christian higher education in the Reformed tradition. The college enrollment in the traditional program is about 1,000, of whom two-thirds live on campus. We offer majors in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences, as well as professional programs in accounting and business administration, nursing, education, computer science, pre-medicine, and pre-law. Trinity also offers adult degree completion programs in business and education. Trinity Christian College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
Trinity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates.