Commuters Staying on Campus for FYF
When and Where to Arrive
Commuter students should check in on Friday, August 19 at 3:00 pm at the First Year Information Tent, located on campus. Students will be assigned a residence hall room with a roommate for the FYF experience, and given a detailed schedule of events. Guidelines and logistics for staying in residence will be provided to students on Friday evening.
We encourage commuter parents to join their students on campus, if possible, on Friday participating in our special move-in day parent session: “Drop In Before Drop Off: Parents as Partners with Trinity” at 3:15 in the Dining Hall. Students will have a chance to say goodbye to their parents for the 5-day FYF experience following the BBQ.
What to Bring
You’ll be staying in a residence hall room for 4 nights, so bring along:
- Clothes, including clothes you are okay getting dirty (i.e. on a service project or sports)
- Swimsuit (for the epic slip n slide event)
- Sleeping bag or bed linens for a twin bed
- Pen/pencil for FYF classroom activities
- Meals and snacks are provided during FYF, but you are welcome to bring additional snacks or money for vending
- You will not need a car on campus during FYF, but you may have one here if you’d like
- Bring along any other items you feel you can’t live without! (i.e. cell phone, laptop). Note: You will have WiFi access on campus and a key to your room to securely store belongings
When you’ll check out and “move” back home
On Tuesday, August 23 you will be required to check out of your residence hall room between 1 pm-5 pm. You will have ample time to check out of your room, bring your belongings home, and prepare for the first day of classes. You may choose to check out of your room during check out and remain on campus that afternoon/evening for activities. Or, you may choose to take the afternoon/evening to return home and relax before classes begin.