Circulation and Interlibrary Loans
Checking Out Library Materials
- In order to check out library materials, students, faculty and staff must present their id card.
- Loan periods for the various formats are listed in the table below.
|Books||Reference Books||A V Materials||Periodicals|
|Students||4 weeks||Library use only||7 days||Library use only|
|Faculty & Staff||16 weeks||3 days||14 days||overnight|
|Community User/Alumni||Library use only||Library use only||Library use only||Library use only|
Renewing Library Materials
- Library materials can be renewed through I-SHARE. Instructions for logging into your account and renewing materials is available on the My Account help screen.
- Reserve materials may only be checked out by Trinity students and should be returned promptly to the designated book drops at the circulation desk.
Fines & Fees
- Overdue Books & AV Materials: $.25/day
- Hourly Reserves: $.50/15 minutes or $2.00/hour
- Daily Reserves: $1.00 for the first day and $2.00 for each additional day
- Periodicals: $1.00/hour
- Lost Items: $50.00 replacement charge AND $25.00 processing fee
Books and periodical articles which are not in the library's collection may be obtained through interlibrary loan. This service is available to Trinity students, faculty and staff. Community borrowers are encouraged to use their local public libraries for interlibrary loan. Trinity Christian College adheres to the I-Share Catalog and copyright regulations.
As a member of the Illinois Library Computer Systems Organization (I-SHARE), Trinity Christian College library users have access to the collections of all 65 member libraries. Books may be searched and requested directly through the I-Share catalog. Instructions for placing requests are available on the Universal Borrowing help screen. To request books from non-I-Share or out-of-state libraries you must complete the ILL Book Request form.
Article requests cannot be placed through I-Share. To request articles from other libraries, fill out the ILL Article Request form. A nominal fee of $.10/page will be charged to cover the cost of photocopying.
To improve access to library materials, the Jennie Huizenga Memorial Library is a member of the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). Many CARLI libraries participate in I-Share, a shared collection of over 22 million items from which Trinity students may borrow. Students may either request to have materials sent to Trinity, or may visit any of the cooperating libraries and check out materials.
Guests and Visitors
- Jennie Huizenga Memorial Library welcomes members of the community. Guests and visitors should feel free to browse our collection and use our computer resources.