Fall 2016 Admitted Student Checklist
Step 1: FAFSA
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for need-based aid (US Citizens and permanent residents only). Have the FAFSA information sent to Trinity Christian College by entering Trinity’s FAFSA code: 001771.
Step 2: Confirm Your Enrollment
Step 3: Access Your Student Portal
Access your Student Portal to view your financial aid, housing assignment, class schedule, required books, and other important information. Your Student ID and temporary password are emailed to you after you are accepted Trinity.
In the Student Portal:
- Register your Vehicle - All students are welcome to park their vehicle on campus. Each vehicle must first be registered with Campus Safety and Security. A parking permit will be issued and the $100 charge added to the student tuition account. Students can register a vehicle online.
- Complete Student Life Forms in the “My Student Life” section. Forms are available after June 1.
- Accept the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement. This agreement must be signed before classes begin.
Step 4: Housing Details
Step 5: Register for Classes
BLUEPRINTS is our Freshmen registration program, June 17-18, where new students will meet with academic advisors and register for Fall courses. Students who are unable to attend BLUEPRINTS will have the opportunity to register at subsequent registration dates. Details for the weekend can be found online along with the link to sign up.New Transfer students will be contacted to set up a registration time during one of several registration dates beginning in April. Transfer students can make an appointment by contacting us at 708.239.4708.
Step 6: Final Enrollment Paperwork
- Submit final transcripts to the admissions office.
- Submit the immunization form.
Step 7: Develop your Plan for Payment
What is the net amount you’ll owe Trinity, after your scholarships and grants? What is the best way to pay for that? The Plan for Payment Worksheet found here will help you answer these questions. When you receive your first billing statement in mid-July, you will be prepared with a plan.
Step 8: Secure your Student Loans
If Federal Stafford Student loans are part of your plan for payment, complete the required steps below:
- In your Student Portal, accept or decline your federal loan eligibility in the “My Financial Aid” section.
- If accepting Federal Stafford Loans, go to www.studentloans.gov and click “Log In” (same as your FAFSA log in). Then select “Complete Counseling” and then “Entrance Counseling” and follow the on-screen directions.
- In your www.studentloans.gov account, select “Complete MPN” and the “Subsidized/Unsubsidized” and follow the on-screen directions.
If you plan to borrow any of the following types of loans, you must complete the steps indicated below:
- Federal Perkins Loan: This loan may have been awarded to you based on need. Accept this loan in your student portal, and complete Perkins Entrance Counseling atwww.mappingyourfuture.org by clicking “Complete Online Counseling” and “Perkins Entrance”. The Financial Aid Office will send you the rest of the paperwork at a later time.
- Federal Parent PLUS Loan: Parents must log in at www.studentloans.gov to complete an application. Once logged in, click “Request Direct PLUS Loan” and then “Parent PLUS”.
- Private Student Loans: Application is made with your lender (Trinity works with all lenders). To access a list of suggested lenders, click here.
Step 9: Pack Your Bags and Move In!
Move in will be Friday, August, 19th from 9:00a-2:00pm. The Dean of Students and First Year Experience Offices will send move-in and orientation details in the summer.