The Master of Arts in Special Education at Trinity Christian College prepares teachers through critical thought in coursework and application in field and clinical experiences to embody Christ-like servanthood; to cultivate relational peace, educational equity, and justice in diversity; to impact, through excellence in teaching, the mind, body, and soul of each student; and to exemplify professionalism and ethical behavior inside and outside of the classroom
- Further develop and extend a Christian perspective on the nature of educating students with special needs.
- Effectively teach students with special needs.
- Increase students ability to think critically about theories, methodologies, and issues, particularly as they relate to teaching students with disabilities.
- Develop and use research skills to complete a research thesis project on an independent basis.
- Meet the Illinois state standards for acquiring an LBS I endorsement.