Mathematics Major (Appropriate for those students who plan to pursue graduate work in mathematics or who plan to enter the work force following graduation from Trinity)
- The student will demonstrate analytical thinking processes by studying various mathematical subjects.
- The student will demonstrate recognition of and appreciation for the orderliness and beauty of the creation as reflected in mathematics.
- The student will be able to read, understand, and evaluate mathematical literature.
- The student will be proficient in using current technological tools for mathematics. These tools include programming languages, the Maple software package, and graphing calculators.
- The students will apply mathematics via modeling and problem solving.
- The student will be able to communicate understanding of mathematical concepts, in both oral and written contexts.
Mathematics Major (Education Program) (Appropriate for those students who plan to enter careers in teaching at the elementary or secondary level following graduation from Trinity): Outcomes #1-#6 above, plus the following two learning outcomes:
- The student will develop confidence and competence in teaching mathematics to students at the elementary or secondary level.
The student will demonstrate mastery of mathematical concepts taught in the elementary and secondary school.