Trinity COVID-19 Emergency Grant Awards to Students
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, also known as the CARES Act, includes a Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, or HEERF. The fund provides $533,000 dollars to help
Trinity Christian College students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19 (including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care).
Please check this page for updates as more information becomes available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Emergency Grants will be awarded to students who were enrolled at the census date for the Spring 2020 semester (Jan. 17, 2020). Students enrolled full-time in online courses are not eligible for CARES funding. Unfortunately, the U.S. Department of Education will not allow these grants to be allocated to international or undocumented students.
Undergraduate, adult program and graduate students enrolled in the Spring Semester as stated above will be eligible to receive funds if they have:
- Filed a FAFSA and submitted all required documentation to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships prior to 3/13/2020;
- Been enrolled in an in-person, degree-seeking program prior to 3/13/2020 and remained enrolled through the semester;
- Been enrolled at half-time status or greater during Spring Semester 2020:
- Undergraduate Students = 6 credits or above
- Graduate Students = 3 credits or above
- Adult Program = 6 credits or above
No. Students do not need to apply for CARES funding. Eligible students will receive CARES funds via a check in the mail.
At this time, please expect to receive these funds by the end of July 2020.
The amount, which is currently being determined, will be based on your enrollment status during the Spring 2020 term.
The amount of fund eligibility is based on enrollment status:
- Students who are enrolled full-time (12 credits and above) will receive $732.00
- Students who are enrolled at half-time status (at least 6 credits, but fewer than 12) will receive $364.00