Your Wellness

Student Wellness

Wellness and Health

At Trinity, we are deeply committed to your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. We offer many resources for helping you stay in good health.

Trinity is in a prime location for medical care, with several medical providers within 10 minutes of campus.

The following health providers are within very close proximity to campus. Trinity does not specifically endorse any health providers, but rather provides this for informational purposes for students and families:

Emergency Services: For on campus emergency, call 9—911 from a campus phone and then contact Campus Safety and Security at 708-293-3722.

We enjoy a partnership with Saint Xavier University in which students may utilize Saint Xavier’s health center. If insurance coverage is an issue, SXU offers a fee for service option.

Ingalls Care Center in Crestwood, is just a couple of miles down College Drive.

Palos Community Hospital, a top hospital, is just 2.5 miles from campus.

Minute Clinic: Inside CVS/pharmacy® 6748 WEST 111TH STREET WORTH, IL 60482. This location is just 2.4 miles from campus, and can handle routine concerns.

All facilities above allow you to utilize certain insurance carriers or pay a reasonable fee for service. Please consult with your own insurance carrier before you go.

The State of Illinois college Immunization Code (77 ILL.ADM.CODE 9=694) and Trinity Christian College require that specific health/immunization records be on file in Student Life PRIOR to the start of the semester. All students listed below are required to complete the Immunization Records Form.

All undergraduate and adult studies students enrolled in 9 or more credit hours per semester (or equivalent) and all graduate program students enrolled in 6 or more credit hours per semester are required to provide proof of immunity using the Immunization Records Form.

Completed health/immunization records may be submitted in the following ways:

Students in the Traditional Program – mail, in person drop off, or fax your forms to:

Student Life
Trinity Christian College
Attn.: Mabia Shadel
6601 W. College Dr.
Palos Heights IL 60463
By Fax: 708-239-4704

In-person: Student Life Office – 2nd Floor

Adult/Graduate Studies Students – bring your completed form with you to orientation

Once you submit your records, they are kept on file in Student Life. Due to the high volume of records being submitted, it may take an extended amount of time for your records to be processed. Trinity Christian College does not provide confirmation of records received.

You may request a copy of your immunization records from the Student Life Office by downloading the immunization release form and mailing or faxing it to Student Life.

Download the Immunization Release Form.

Certain students are exempt from this requirement:


Age: If the student was born before January 1, 1957, an age exemption applies for measles (rubeola), mumps and rubella (German Measles) only.

Medical: You may claim an exemption in case of pregnancy, medical contradictions, or for religious reasons by submitting documentation in place of immunization records.

  • In case of pregnancy or suspected pregnancy: a signed and dated statement from a physician describing that the student is pregnant or suspected pregnant and an approximate due date can be kept on record in place of immunization records.
  • In case of medical contradictions: a signed and dated statement from a physician describing the specific contradictory vaccine(s) and duration of the medical condition is acceptable in place of immunization records.
  • Online Graduate Students only: Students who are enrolled in an online only program are exempt from the immunization records submission requirement, and therefore do not need to submit immunization records. You only qualify for this exemption if ALL COURSEWORK is completed online.

In case of religious exemption: a written, signed, and dated statement by the student (and parent/guardian if the student is a minor) describing her/his objection to immunization on the grounds that they conflict with the tenet and practices of a recognized church or religious organization of which the student is an adherent or member will suffice in place of immunization records.

Frequently Asked Questions about Immunization Records

  1. Where can I locate my immunization records?
    • Previous High School or College/University
    • Military records or World Health Organization
    • Family physician or childhood physician
    • Illinois comprehensive automated immunization registry exchange (I-CARE)

    If after checking with all of the above you are still unable to obtain a copy of your immunizations records, the following options remain:

    Re-vaccination: The State of Illinois requires documentation of the month, day and year that the vaccine was administered along with a signature of the health care professional that administered the vaccine. Unfortunately, Student Life cannot accept your word that you had received the immunizations in the past.

    Antibody titer: (blood test) Contact your physician to request an antibody titer (blood test) for measles, mumps and rubella. This test will confirm whether you are immune to measles, mumps, and/or rubella. A copy of the lab report confirming immunity must be submitted to Student Life. Please note that all antibody titer results reported in the “equivocal” are not acceptable as proof of immunity and will require further written clarification by your physician.

    If you have been in the Illinois school system since 1989 it is likely that you have already had most if not all required immunizations. The only exception is the time sensitive Tetanus, Diphtheria (Td) or Tetanus, Diphtheria, acellular Pertussis vaccine (Tdap) which is not acceptable if administered 10 or more years ago.

  2. Where and how do I send my completed health/immunization records? Completed health/immunization records may be submitted:
    Students in the Traditional Program – mail, fax or in person drop off of your form to:
    Student Life Trinity Christian College Attn: Mabia Shadel
    6601 W. College Dr.
    Palos Heights IL 60463
    By Fax: 708-239-4704 In-person: Student Life Office l 2nd Floor Adult Studies or Gradute Studies Students – bring your completed form with you to orientation.
  3. I am missing an immunization (shot), where can I go to get the shots I need? Under the Affordable Care Act, health insurance plans are required to cover recommended preventative services without charging a deductible, copay or coinsurance when service is provided by an “in-network” provider. Adult immunizations such as MMR vaccines, Tetanus, Diphtheria, acellular Pertussis (Tdap), and meningococcal vaccines are included under recommended preventative services. For the most affordable immunization administration option, obtain a list of “in-network” providers from your health insurance plan and schedule an appointment. Retail clinics like Walgreens, CVS, and Target as well as your local public health department, may be another option for obtaining the immunization you need. If using this option, please note that receipts of purchase for vaccination do not fulfill the requirement. Documentation must show that vaccine was administered along with the healthcare provider’s signature.
  4. I have an immunization hold (IM Hold) on my student account, what does this mean and what should I do? Students who have not submitted all required immunization records will receive an IM hold on their student account. This hold will prevent you from registering for further classes at Trinity. Along with this hold there will be a $100 non-compliance fee applied to your account. Prior to the application of the IM hold and fee you will receive an email (to your Trinity email address) warning you that required immunization records have not been received. Failure to provide required documents by the time period specified in the email will result in the IM hold and a $100 fee being applied to your account. When the IM hold is applied you will receive a second email (to your Trinity email address) informing you of the hold application as well as what information is required to have IM hold removed. It is in your best interest to submit required immunization records to the appropriate office by the deadline to prevent delays in registration.
  5. Do I need a physical to go to Trinity? No physical exam is required for general admission to Trinity Christian College, however all students planning to participate in intercollegiate athletics at Trinity must have a yearly physical on file with our Athletics Department prior to athletic participation.

Student Health Insurance for ALL Trinity Students (Traditional, Graduate, Adult)

All Trinity students are required to have health insurance. Please consult with your health insurance provider to be sure you have adequate coverage for your time at Trinity. Some plans only cover students in their home state. We advise that you secure a plan that covers your health care while you are physically at Trinity in the state of Illinois. Domestic students are not required to show proof of insurance, because individual coverage is required by law.

If you are looking for a plan or wondering if you can get an affordable plan, the college has partnered with ixshealth to offer affordable health coverage:

You should also know that if you participate in this coverage through ixshealth, Trinity is receiving no information about your health care/insurance; we are simply making this portal available for the health and safety of our students. Any information you share with this portal does not get reported to us, nor do we receive any payment of any kind. Further, we are not involved in any way in managing the health insurance or the kind of coverage.

If you have questions about this insurance coverage, please consult the website above or contact ixshealth by phone at 866-472-5385.

Student Health Insurance for International Students

International students are required to show proof of insurance. International students studying at Trinity have the following options for obtaining health insurance:

  1. Sign up with First Agency, a plan that is set up by Trinity. If you choose this option, you must email your request to by August 15.
  2. Find a provider of your choice that has sufficient coverage for studying in the states. is a provider that some of our international students have used in the past, but there are others available on the web. It is possible to find reasonably priced options.
  3. You may also check the website we offer to domestic students: and sign up for health insurance through that site.
  4. Use your own family’s plan. This will work if your family has a plan that can be used in the United States, and has a printed summary of benefits in English.

If you choose to find your own provider or use ixshealth, you must send the summary of benefits to for approval by August 15, to make sure that you have the coverage you need. Your plan will need to have, at a minimum: emergency medical evacuation coverage, return of mortal remains coverage, and emergency reunion coverage.

If you use your own family’s plan, you must send the summary of benefits to by August 15 in English for approval.

Please direct any other questions to or to

Student Health Insurance for Student-Athletes

Student-Athletes are required to show proof of insurance in athletics. The Athletics Department manages this communication directly with student-athletes. It is important that student-athletes respond in a timely manner to all requests for health information in order to participate fully in their season.