Cooperative Program Director/Faculty Position
Director of the BA-MDiv Program / Assistant Professor of Pastoral Ministry
The Director of the BA-MDiv program oversees a cooperative program of Northern Seminary and Trinity Christian College that is designed to cultivate senior pastoral leaders. In this program, students will spend a total of five years studying at Trinity Christian College and Northern Seminary and receive both a BA in Theology from Trinity and an MDiv from Northern Seminary. Alongside the work of directing the program, the Director may also teach in areas of pastoral leadership and/or supervised ministry. This is a five-year grant-funded position that both institutions desire to become sustainable after the grant is completed.
The candidate will have the following competencies and qualifications:
- D. or D.Min. ABD will be considered
- 5 years of pastoral ministry experience desired
- Ability to network with churches and church leaders
- Skill in mentoring and developing ministerial leaders
- Effective in recruiting student
- Excellent teaching ability in a variety of delivery systems
- Experience teaching in a university or graduate setting desired
- Experience with vocation and gift discernment, placement, and ministry guidance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct Responsibilities
- Plan and initiate structures that support the program, including:
- Strategies that form a sense of identity and collegiality for program participants.
- Structures that provide for significant student mentoring and advising.
- Systems that place students in high-impact field education placements beginning in year 2 of the student experience.
- Develop and implement a strategy to reach the enrollment goals of the program, including but not limited to:
- Working with marketing and enrollment staffs to advertise the program and recruit students.
- Building a network of mutual support with churches, ministries, and parachurch organizations
- Hosting recruitments events
- Traveling to churches, high schools, and Christian youth conferences or events
- Guide, support, and mentor students as they progress through the program.
- Teach ministry-related courses at Northern Seminary or Trinity Christian College.
- Plan and implement educational and vocational events for students in the program.
- Oversee student field education placements.
- Serve as the primary author of grant reports.
- Develop and implement assessment tools to investigate the ongoing effectiveness of the program.
- Report regularly to faculty, staff, and donors on the progress of the program.
- Work with advancement staff to provide sustainable funding for the program, following the five-year agreement.
- Serve as a member of faculty committees, as assigned.
- Participate in faculty meetings and gatherings of the staff and students.
- Work in collaboration with the enrollment and advancement teams.
- Speak annually to at least three congregations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Northern Seminary and Trinity Christian College are equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from diverse candidates. Both institutions seek candidates who are dedicated followers of Christ and have a sincere desire to be an integral part of their missions.
The first review of applications will take place on January 22. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested applicants may apply or request further information by contacting:
Dr. Jason Gile
Interim Dean and Vice President of Academic Affairs
410 Warrenville Road, Lisle, IL 60532