Steps to Transfer Admission
Transfer students make up 25 percent of the student body at Trinity Christian College. You will become part of a diverse Christian community while attaining your academic goals. The 11:1 student to faculty ratio means you get the academic and caring support you need to complete your degree.
Complete an application for admission.
Students applying prior to Dec. 1 can enter the promo code TRINITY to waive the $30 application fee requirement.
Provide official transcript(s) from any college(s) previously attended. Applicants are required to have a cumulative college GPA of at least 2.50 (based on all colleges attended) and successful completion of all attempted courses in accordance with Trinity’s standards of satisfactory academic progress. A minimum of a 19 ACT composite (950 SAT) is needed for unconditional admission.
Upon acceptance, transfer students will receive their transfer evaluation by mail from the college registrar. Students are also encouraged to contact their admissions counselor to arrange a campus tour and meeting with a department chair (tours can be scheduled prior to notification of acceptance).
While we work on a rolling admissions basis, the following are the recommended application deadlines for transfer students:
Fall Term - July 1
Spring Term - December 1
For information regarding available financial aid, check out our transfer student scholarships.
For information regarding course availability, check out our Class Schedule and Availability page.
Transfer guides for local community colleges are available on our website but do not guarantee official credit evaluation. Students seeking to receive Trinity credit for courses taken at another college should fill out a Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Form before taking the course(s) at the other college.
Trinity recognizes the transfer associate's degree, commonly called the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science. Students with these degrees will be accepted with junior standing, with the following requirements to be met for graduation:
- Transfer students may use transfer courses with at least a C or higher to meet the general graduation requirements and specific program requirements if the registrar finds courses to be equivalent to the necessary Trinity courses.
- In order to receive a degree from Trinity, transfer students must meet all of the general requirements stated above with the following exceptions:
- Those entering Trinity with 30 or more transfer credits will be required to take only one interim course at Trinity.
- Those entering Trinity with 60 or more transfer credits will be required to take either philosophy 101 or 102 and theology 121 at Trinity.
- Those entering Trinity with either an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree approved by the registrar will receive waivers for any deficiencies in the English literature, mathematics, biological or physical science, social studies, fine arts, and physical education requirements, but must take the following:
- Philosophy 101 or 102 at Trinity
- Theology 121 at Trinity
- English 103 at Trinity or by transfer
- History 103 or 104 either at Trinity or by transfer
- One cross-cultural course at Trinity or by transfer
- One interim course at Trinity
You may transfer up to 65 credits from your community college. Trinity accepts unlimited credit hours from four-year accredited colleges and universities; however, the last 45 credit hours in your program of study need to be taken at Trinity.
Unclassified Admissionnterested in taking courses for credit at Trinity without receiving a degree? Current high school students may enroll in up to 6 credit hours per semester provided the student has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 and approval of the high school. Download and mail an unclassified student application. If you are no longer in high school, transcripts are not necessary.
If an unclassified student decides to work toward a degree, the student must apply for admission as a degree seeking student. Financial aid is not available for unclassified students.
Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree may enroll at Trinity to obtain teaching certification for the state of Illinois. Any interested person must complete the application for admission, pay the $20 application fee, and submit official transcripts from all colleges attended. Transcripts will be evaluated to determine which courses are needed for certification.
Adult Studies Programs
Adult learners (23+) seeking only evening classes should refer to Trinity’s Adult Studies Accelerated Programs. To learn more about available programs and request information, visit adultstudies.trnty.edu.
* We also accept the Common Application