Senior Learning Programs
WELCOME BACK TO AN EXCITING SEASON OF SALT!
SALT (Seasoned Adults Learning at Trinity) is a membership-based program for community members 50+ who are interested in ongoing education and lifelong learning. Our mission is to provide personal enrichment and education by offering interesting content and meaningful discussions through shared experiences.
For additional information, please view our brochure. To get on our mailing list, please fill out the Request Information form.
“Auditing classes has been such a positive experience in my religious life. I have learned/gained so much and I could never thank Trinity enough for the opportunities.”
“Preachers don’t get into the details of what happens when you die like a college theology course.”
“SALT is a valuable asset to the community.”
“SALT is a great program!”
- Special discounts on Illinois Philharmonic
Orchestra and Southwest Symphony
- Invitation to campus lectures and special discussions following lectures
- Invitation to music department recitals and contests
- Invitation to campus chapel services
- Listener’s passes to traditional classes
- Free on-campus parking sticker
- Access to Library Services
- 20% discount at Bookstore
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Discount in Trinity Dining Hall
- Discount at Bootsma Café
- Certificate of Completion for 3-session Classes
Memberships Fees & Costs
Membership Fee: $25*
- 1-session Class: $20
- 2-session Class: $25
- 3-session Class:$30
- Bring a friend to one class during each semester: $10 per person/semester
- Senior Break Days: $10 (Bring a friend: $5)
- Prairie State College Field Trip, Violins of Hope, April 17: $35
- Lake Katherine Nature Center and Botanic Gardens, June 9, 2023: $15
- Listener’s Pass (value $330): FREE
*Member must be registered for at least one course per semester for membership to remain active. Annual membership is from April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024.
Dewoun Hayes is the Advancement & SALT (Seasoned Adults Learning at Trinity) Coordinator. She assists in the development of courses for adult learners 50 and older. Lifelong learning has always been her passion and she is grateful to be able to provide an enriching program to this community.
For almost 25 years, she has worked in higher education in the advancement division. Her experience includes event/meeting planning, fundraising, scholarship management, alumni engagement, and research. Dewoun remarks, “I feel that my journey of learning has led me to Trinity and am pleased that I can use the skills I have obtained from various institutions in one place.”
Feel free to contact Dewoun to provide feedback or ask questions about the upcoming SALT season, 708-293-4570 or email, email@example.com. Be sure to visit www.trnty.edu/SALT for news and upcoming events.
Trinity Christian College: Bootsma Bookstore Cafe, Library Services, Faculty & Staff, Creative Dining Services, Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra, Southwest Symphony Orchestra, Lake Katherine Nature Center & Botanic Gardens, and Lutheran Church Charities