College Accreditation


Trinity Christian College is an undergraduate and graduate degree-granting institution operating under a charter granted by the state of Illinois in 1959. Trinity Christian College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (

Program Specific Accreditations

  • Association for Behavior Analysts International (ABAI): Board Certified Behavior Analyst Verified Course Sequence.
  • Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP): Bachelor of Arts in business, Bachelor of Science in accountancy, in business, in entrepreneurship, in finance, in human resource management, in management, and in marketing.
  • Illinois State Board of Education: K-12, elementary, middle grades, secondary, and special education licensure.
  • Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
  • Council on Social Work Education (CSWE): Bachelor of Social Work.
  • National Strength and Conditioning Association: Educational Recognition Program for Personal Training and Strength and Conditioning
  • Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management.

Trinity Christian College has executed Program Participation Agreements for financial aid programs administered by the United States Department of Education, the Illinois Student Assistance Commission, and the United States Veterans Administration. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.

Verified Programs

The Association for Behavior Analysis International has verified the Trinity courses toward the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst® or Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst® examination. Applicants to Trinity will need to meet additional requirements before they can be deemed eligible to take the examination.


Trinity Cares About Its Students and Their Experience at the College.

Student learning, and satisfaction in doing so, are paramount concerns for Trinity Christian College and its Administration.  While Trinity strives to exceed expectations, undoubtedly there will be times when the College does not attain that standard, or at least is perceived not to have attained that standard.

As a Christian College, and in keeping with the importance that the College places on community, addressing concerns in the most direct means possible, demonstrating both truth and grace, generally is the first step toward resolution.  Many problems are resolved when one meets personally with a member of the faculty, staff, or student body with whom there is conflict, calmly and honestly communicating the concerns.  (For further reading and biblical instruction generally on this perspective, please visit the Conflict Resolution section of the Student Handbook.)

The College, because of these institutional commitments and in compliance with governmental and regulatory laws and rules, has created various systems to receive and address student complaints.

  • For complaints related to academic and grading matters, please see the Academic Grievance process listed in the College catalog.
  • For complaints related to non-discrimination and Title IX, please see the College’s Nondiscrimination Policy and Procedures, which are available on the College’s website.
  • For complaints and matters related to policies contained in the Student Handbook, please see the Student Conduct Process provisions, which are available in the Student Handbook.
  • For complaints related to the Office of Learning Services, please see the Learning Services Grievances procedures, which are available on the College’s website.
  • For matters related to the resolution of conflicts generally and apart from any regulatory or statutory provision, please see the Conflict Resolution policy and procedures in the Student Handbook.

Should a complaint not relate to those topics noted above, but rather represent dissatisfaction concerning Trinity employee, department, service, process, or administrative action, a student may file a complaint in writing as described below.

An Overview and Process for Filing a General Student Complaint

Should a student wish to make a general student complaint, below is information and instruction to assist in that decision.  (Please note that any reference in this policy to matters that are “written” or “in writing” include communication by written letter, facsimile, electronic mail, or other commonly used written forms of communication.)

  • A complaint must be made in writing, preferably using the Student Complaint form.
  • A complaint should be made in a timely manner. It is important to report complaints promptly and to include a short and concise written statement of all the relevant facts and the action or remedy that the student requests so that an investigation can be completed and a resolution achieved.
  • Upon the electronic filing of a written general student complaint, the student will receive a confirmation that the submission has been received by the College.
  • A senior member of the College administration, or his/her designee, will review the complaint, generally within 10 business days, to determine the appropriate next action. If the complaint relates to a properly executed academic, student life, or financial appeal process, the complaint will be dismissed without further action.  Other complaints requiring further action will be referred to the appropriate academic or administrative official for investigation and resolution.  The student will be advised in writing either (a) that the College has referred the complaint to an administrator for investigation and resolution, and to whom the complaint was referred, or (b) that the College has dismissed the complaint and the reason for the dismissal.
  • An administrator to whom a complaint has been referred will investigate and address the complaint, ordinarily completing such investigation within 20 business days. During the investigation and resolution process, the administrator will communicate in writing directly with the student who has filed the complaint.  At the conclusion of the investigation and resolution the administrator will notify the student and the Vice President for Student Life (or his/her designee) in writing of the results of the investigation and the resolution of the complaint.  Should the investigation require a period beyond 20 business days, the administrator will notify, in writing, the student who filed the complaint using the contact information provided in the written complaint.
  • A complaint may be dismissed without further action if the student fails to cooperate in the investigation.
  • Students should complete Trinity’s internal complaint process before seeking external resolution of the issue. External agencies usually will refer complaints back to the College if the internal process has not been completed.

Trinity participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and is an approved SARA institution in the state of Illinois. If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting this Student Complaint Process, and the student does not live in California*, the student may file a complaint with the Illinois Board of Higher Education using their Institutional Complaint System located at

*         Students who live in California should contact their respective state agencies.  Online students who live in California may file a complaint with the Bureau for Private Secondary Education (

All students who have exhausted Trinity’s and state options for handing complaints may contact the College’s accreditor:

The Higher Learning Commission
30 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60602-2504
800-621-7440 or 312-263-0456