Tips for High School Seniors
College Planning Advice
It's Almost Here - Your Senior Year!
There’s so much to look forward to and so much to do. A little preparation and planning will go a long way towards helping you stay organized and on track to find the perfect college for you.
Here are a few things to include on your to-do list this fall:
1. Start narrowing down the colleges that interest you and schedule campus visits. There’s nothing like experiencing a college in person to know if it’s the right place for you!
Do you want a small school? A more campus-like setting? It’s good to keep your options open, but you don’t want to feel completely overwhelmed.
2. Check your transcripts and grades to make sure you have all the requirements you need.
Check in with your high school counselor about the classes you have taken and the ones you need to take in order to graduate and position yourself for college.
3. Get ready to fill out the FAFSA and other forms for financial aid. Along with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, the U.S. government site is full of helpful information about preparing and paying for college.
4. If you plan to take the SAT or ACT again, be sure to sign up soon. That way, you can get testing dates and locations that are the most convenient (and stress free!) for you.
5. Spend some time relaxing with friends and family—this year will go by fast! It’s easy to get caught up with everything you have to do. But make sure you also take some time for yourself and the people you care about.