Be prepared for a
career in nursing
Trinity will prepare you for Christ-like service
At Trinity, our nursing program is small and mighty. With a nursing degree from Trinity Christian College, you will be prepared academically and clinically to care for client’s physical, spiritual, and mental needs and minister to souls. With small class sizes, caring professors, high-tech facilities, and an education grounded in a Christian environment, Trinity’s B.S.N. graduates learn to operate from the common nursing frameworks of caring, self-care, and care management.
Our students gain hands-on experience in the Cynthia Sander Nursing Lab, which includes simulation labs with high-fidelity manikins that exhibit a variety of symptoms and automatically respond to intervention. This allows you to polish your skills in a safe and controlled environment.
And Trinity’s nursing program prepares you for a career once you graduate. You won’t just graduate with a B.S.N., you will also receive a minor in science. Trinity is proud to have the highest six-year NCLEX average of any BSN or ADN program in Illinois.
Since we are located less than 25 miles from downtown Chicago, our students complete the clinical portions of our nursing program at some of the leading healthcare organizations in the nation.
Here are just a few of the places where our students who completed their clinicals or our graduates have found employment:
- Advocate Aurora Children’s Hospital
- Advocate Aurora Christ Medical Center
- Advocate Aurora South Suburban
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Comer Children’s Hospital
- Loyola Medical Center
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital Chicago
- Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital
- OSF Little Company of Mary
- Rush University Medical Center
- James Franciscan Hospital
- University of Chicago Ingalls
Our nursing students don’t just take courses designed to make them excellent clinicians. They receive a rich liberal arts education designed to prepare them emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually.
Science Course Details:
- Science courses must be completed prior to admission with a grade of C or better.
- All science courses must be completed within 7 years of the spring semester before progression to clinical.
- Cumulative GPA of science courses must be 2.7(B-) or better.
- Two of the 5 science courses must be completed at Trinity.
- Only one science course may be repeated to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. An individual course may be repeated only once. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
Chemistry 101: General Chemistry (Composite ACT score of 19 or C or better in Math 107: College Algebra required.)
Chemistry 102: Principles of Organic & Biochemistry
Biology 204: General Microbiology
Biology 205: Human Anatomy & Physiology I
Biology 206: Human Anatomy & Physiology II
Foundational Course Details:
- Cumulative GPA in foundational courses must be 2.5(B-/C+).
- Foundational courses that have an * must be completed prior to admission with a grade of C or better.
- Only one of the foundational courses with an * may be repeated to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. An individual course may be repeated only once. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
- Two of the other foundational courses can be completed after acceptance into the program but prior to graduation.
*TW: Thinking and Writing
*Psychology 121: Introduction to Psychology
*Psychology 123: Life Span Development
*Sociology 121: Principles of Sociology
*Math 151: Statistics
*Perk 221: Nutrition
*Theology 131: Christian Scriptures (only at Trinity)
*Philosophy 101: Philosophical Perspectives in Worldview (only at Trinity)
Comm 105: Oral & Digital Communications
English 105: Literature & Society
History 105: Historical Consciousness
Theology 132: Christian Traditions (at TCC or waiver)
Fine Arts Credit: Options include Art 103/ Music 111/ Com 225/ Educ 201/ etc
Interdisciplinary Inquiry credit
Nursing Course Details:
- Cumulative GPA in nursing courses must be 2.5(B-/C+) or better.
- Nursing courses listed below must be completed prior to admission into the program with a grade of C or better.
- N205: Concepts and N308: Health Assess. & Promotion are only offered at Trinity.
- 76.00% exam average is required.
- Only one nursing course may be repeated to achieve the grade or cumulative grade-point average. An individual course may be repeated only once. Withdrawing from a course will count as having taken that course.
Nursing 205: Concepts of Health Care & Nursing
Nursing 308: Health Assessment & Promotion
- Must be taken at Trinity Christian College
Criminal Background Check
- If a background check is not clear, clinical placement and progression in the program cannot be guaranteed.
Clinical Partner Health Requirements
- Physical exam, labs, immunizations, vaccinations, drug screening, health insurance, BLS CPR requirements of all clinical partners must be met to guarantee clinical placement.