Advising Day/Connections Education Event
The Education Unit will be hosting our annual Connections Event. Connections will take place from 1:00 – 4:00 pm in the Mitchell Gymnasium on Wednesday, Oct. 25th. We look forward to welcoming schools and organizations to campus that day to recruit Education students and alumni for a variety positions, such as teachers, substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, classroom aides, translators, afterschool program leaders, academic tutors, peer buddies, and more.
Free to students and alumni.
We have 200+ students in our traditional, adult and graduate education programs. These students and alumni are excited to learn more about the possibility of serving as teachers, substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, classroom aides, translators, after-school program leaders, academic tutors, peer buddies, and more within your schools.
There are two ‘open hour’ sessions. Students will choose one session to attend. There will also be two mock interview sessions. Students will sign up for multiple (20-min) mock interview sessions. You may possibly interview 4 students during the Mock Interview sessions. No classes are scheduled that day so students have this time open to meet you and hear about your school.
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Open Hours
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Mock Interviews and Open Hours
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm: Mock Interviews and Open HoursRegistration include one six-foot table/two chairs for two recruiters and free parking.
- Arrive: Please arrive by 12:30pm to setup your table
- Provided: Table, 2 chairs, water and snacks
- Bring (optional): Banner, table cover, any handouts, information about your open positions.
- Parking: You will find free parking in Lot E
- REGISTRATION for employers: Cost: $40 school/organization (included 2 recruiters)
*Please register by the deadline date of end of day, October 2, 2023
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus!