Advising Day/Connections Education Event
The Education Unit will be hosting our annual Connections Education event. Connections will take place from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm in the DeVos Athletics and Recreation Center (DeVos Gymnasium) on Wednesday, March 15th.
We have nearly 250 students in our traditional, adult and graduate education programs. These students and our alumni are excited to learn more about the possibility of serving as teachers, substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, classroom aides, translators, afterschool program leaders, academic tutors, peer buddies, and more within your schools.
There are two ‘open hour’ sessions. Students will choose one session to attend. There will also be two mock interview sessions. Students will sign up for multiple (20-min) mock interview sessions. You may possibly interview 4 students during the Mock Interview sessions. No classes are scheduled on March 15 so students have this time open to meet you and hear about your school.
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm: Arrive & set up
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Open Hours
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Mock Interviews and Open Hours
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm: Mock Interviews and Open Hours
Registration include one six-foot table/two chairs for two recruiters and free parking.
- Arrive: Please arrive by 12:30pm to setup your table
- Provided: Table, 2 chairs, water and snacks
- Bring (optional): Banner, table cover, any handouts, information about your open positions.
- Parking: You will find free parking in Lot E (map attached)
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus!