Trinity Honors Yonker Award Winner, Recognizes Service
Monday, 18 April 2016
In a ceremony on April 14, Trinity presented the 2015-16 Catherine Yonker Faculty Award and recognized those who have dedicated years of service to the College.
The Catherine Yonker Award is presented annually to one faculty or staff member and two students for contributions toward accomplishing Christian race relations, and cross-cultural understanding within the Trinity community.
Dr. Tiffany King, assistant professor of psychology and director of the Adult Studies psychology program, was presented with the Faculty/Staff Award. This year’s student recipients are Josiah Rosario ’17 and Karlyn Boens ’19.
Trinity faculty and staff were also honored for years of service to the College. Those being honored include:
Ten Years of Service
- Sandy Aggen ’10, Adult Studies manager of recruitment and retention
- Dr. David Brodnax Sr., professor of history
- Dr. Mandi Maxwell, professor of mathematics
- Dr. Pete Post ’74, associate professor of special education
- Dr. John Sebestyen, associate professor of communication arts and director of theatre
- Dr. Lisa Hensey, Chicago Semester student teaching program director
Fifteen Years of Service
- Dr. Mackenzi Huyser ’98, Chicago Semester executive director
Twenty Years of Service
- Tim Timmons, director of physical plant
Twenty-Five Years of Service
- Dr. David Klanderman, professor of mathematics and department chair
Thirty Years of Service
- Dr. Liz Rudenga (returning from sabbatical Fall 2016)