The Physical Education, Recreation and Kinesiology (PERK) Department at Trinity Christian College seeks to uphold the mission of the institution by equipping students to embrace and articulate a Christian perspective of physical activity and stewardship of the body that will enable lifelong service to the Kingdom of God.
- Students will effectively communicate a Reformed perspective of physical activity as it relates to each individual program.
- Students will effectively communicate an understanding of how diverse backgrounds shape the experience of physical activity.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in each of their field experiences.
PEK-12, SS and ES:
- Students will clearly articulate critical aspects and the importance of human movement for physical wellness.
- Students will apply anatomical, physiological and functional performance knowledge to physical activity of the human body.
- Students will demonstrate pedagogical knowledge to K-12 students in Physical Education, during their student teaching experience.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge in the areas of physical fitness (Sub area 1), health, wellness and skill acquisition (Sub area 2) during their student teaching experience.
- Students will demonstrate competence as a fitness specialist in designing, assessing and implementing movement programs for diverse populations
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of exercise science principles of client instruction.
SS and RSM:
- Students will demonstrate knowledge in programming for a variety of recreational settings.