Trinity COVID-19 Emergency Grant Awards to Students
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, also known as the CARES Act, includes a Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III). The fund provides $1,006,850 dollars to help Trinity Christian College students with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19 (including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care).
All grant funds will be distributed to all 773 eligible students by April 30, 2021.
Please check this page for updates as more information becomes available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Emergency Grants will be awarded to students who were enrolled at the census date for the Fall 2021 semester (September 10, 2021). Unfortunately, the U.S. Department of Education will not allow these grants to be allocated to international or undocumented students.
Undergraduate, adult program and graduate students enrolled in the Fall Semester as stated above will be eligible to receive funds if they have:
- Filed a FAFSA and submitted all required documentation to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships prior to September 10, 2021;
- Been enrolled in a degree-seeking program prior to September 10, 2021 and remained enrolled through the semester;
- Been enrolled at half-time status or greater during Fall Semester 2021:
- Undergraduate Students = 6 credits or above
- Graduate Students = 3 credits or above
- Adult Program = 6 credits or above
No. Students do not need to apply for CARES funding. 773 eligible students were identified and will be issued a check for the designated amount based on their enrollment status for the Fall 2021 term. Students will receive an email with their status and dispersement options.
The eligibility amount, which is currently being determined, will be based on your enrollment status during the Fall 2021 term.
- Students who are enrolled full-time (12 credits and above) will receive $1,450.00
- Students who are enrolled at half-time status (at least 6 credits, but fewer than 12) will receive $700.00
As participants of Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, Trinity Christian College will issue the grant to be paid to you via check by November 15, 2021.